Some Significant Steps to Get Rid of Bow Legs As Soon As Possible
One of the most common deformities in humans is bow-leggedness or knock-knees. This condition is caused by a twisted pelvis and not having a full range of movement. The state generally starts as toddlers as their body slows down its growth process, preventing them from growing taller or their bones from growing thicker and stronger. One can also be born with distorted knees; this disorder has no recognizable cause or cure.
As time passes and the condition is not treated, the body begins to favor growth in another part of the body, such as the legs. As a result, the pelvis starts to grow out of proportion with the rest of your body, and this causes a twisted posture that leads to short stature and abnormal hips. The main problem with bow legs is that most people find it difficult to correct.
Have you ever stood up in heels and felt your legs buckle underneath you? That is a common symptom of having bow-legged legs. It’s not just uncomfortable either; it can be seriously embarrassing. When you stand in your heels and straighten your legs, the muscles in your back struggle to keep them straight. But when you try to bend forward, it’s impossible. To prevent this embarrassing incident, follow these steps to get rid of bowed legs fast.
Some Crucial Steps –
- Start stretching your thigh muscles by stepping up and down on a step or staircase.
- Squat down on a bench and raise your knees straight towards the ceiling for about ten knee lifts.
- While still squatting, move your legs apart and bring them together several times. It will strengthen your thigh muscles and help to prevent the bow-legged look.
- Stand in front of a full-length mirror with a chair or something that makes it easy for you to stand at least two feet away from it in front of the mirror.
- First, look at yourself and find out why you have bowed legs in the first place. For example, is it because you are overweight, or do the muscles around your knees not look proportionally?
- Next, fix the problem. If your legs are fat, start a diet that will free you from this bow-legged look, and make sure to include plenty of vegetables and fruits. If your weight is fine, but you still want to lose some inches off your legs, join a gym and start some aerobic exercise there.
- If your body is just fine, but you have a twisted pelvis, try wearing shoes that are well-suited for sprinting, as these have been found to improve the way your body moves.
- While wearing sandals, run across a small set of stairs backward, which will improve the range of motion in your legs by increasing the natural arch within them?
- To improve your body’s range of motion, even more, start dancing, as it will help tremendously with your bow-leggedness.
- If you don’t like to dance or run, you can do some great leg exercises the old-fashioned way by squatting down and raising your knees to chest level, then quickly bringing them back down again. Repeat this exercise at least 20 times daily, every day, until you have achieved the desired results.
Steps 8 and 9 are also essential in helping one get rid of bow legs. If you follow these steps, you will no longer have embarrassing bowed legs and can look good in those high heels. These are just some of the most important things you can do to stop getting bow-legged very fast. Remember, don’t forget to stretch and look at yourself in the mirror before you go out, as it will help you see whether or not your legs are proportionate.